Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Epic Fail and a Mistreatment


Epic Fail. That's all I can say. We'll, I guess I'll say more because that is what us bloggers do, but that pretty much sums it up.

If this blog were my job, Donald Trump would have "You're fired" me. If this blog were my child, it would be naked on a commercial with Sally Struthers. I failed.

I seriously had the best of intentions, I had all these great ideas in my head. Great tutorials to share with you. Insanely funny humor to get you through dinner with the in(out)-laws and the long checkout lines at Walmart. Hold please... Walmart Management... if you are reading this... I'm pretty sure the reason you put 30 cash registers in your store was for last week. Why in the world were there only 4 open? Anyway, back to me and what remains of this blog. It just didn't work out that way. I could give you 57 reasons why, but I'll spare you. Life happens I guess. I was sad (and mad) at myself for not making the time, but it's over now, everyone lived and I'll get over it... I hope.

On to happier things like window mistreatments! I picked up this Robert Allen fabric scrap at the Thrift Store for $0.79. Some bozo cut a circle out of it about 2 foot from the end. Why would you do that? Anyway, there was enough left for me to mistreat my kitchen window.


I started by hemming the edges and sewing a tube from the fabric. I would give you the measurements but they probably wouldn't help you. If you want to try this simple shade, just measure the length and width where you want them to go, double the width so they have a front and a back and add about 1"-2" on the sides for your seam allowances.


After I hung it up it was a little boring. I didn't want fancy, ruffly or fru-fru, but I also didn't want boring. I tried doing a few little pleats but that didn't work. I didn't have any trim so that was out. What I did have was more fabric so I cut 2 pieces about 3.5" wide, and put RST (right sides together) and made 2 smaller tubes. They were an abscessed tooth kind of pain to turn without my moms little turner do-hickeys but I managed.


I tied a loose knot in them and pinned them around the top and bottom. It was just enough to make them more than a plain valance but not so frilly.


Aren't they pretty?


Just keeping it real... Yes, the dishes from Christmas morning breakfast are still in the sink.


I'm proud to report though that since this photo was taken, the dishwasher has been loaded and emptied.

Now I just need to run to Lowe's and get new faux wood blinds since this is one of the last sets of mini-blinds left in the house!

Check out the Link Parties tab in my sidebar to see where I'm sharing this week

Megan Gunyan  – (December 29, 2010 at 4:39 PM)  

They are beautiful! Isn't that funny? I "write" a million funny and informative posts in my head, but they never seem to make it to real life! I think you do a terrific job!

Rebekah Lindenmayer  – (December 30, 2010 at 1:03 AM)  

That fabric is so pretty, you did a great job.

Sonal  – (April 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM)  

Seriously you have an awesome blog...i just cant stop browsing.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.